Sep 28 2021
SPICY ROASTED TOMATO SALSA
The distinctive flavours of roasted tomatoes and garlic highlight this spicy salsa that can be served with chips or alongside tacos, poultry, or fish and uses our Black Cherry & Reaper hot sauce as a lively addition.
• 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
• 6 garlic cloves
• 2 tablespoons Black Cherry & Reaper hot sauce
• 1 large white onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
• 1 large jalapeño, cored and halved
• 1 large handful fresh cilantro
• 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
• 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• Preheat broiler to high.
• Arrange the tomatoes (skin side up), garlic cloves, onion and jalapeño (skin side up) in an even layer on a large baking sheet and sprinkle some oil.
• Broil for 6-8 minutes or until the tomatoes and jalapeños have blistered pretty thoroughly on top.
• Remove pan from the oven, and peel and discard the skin from the tomatoes. Transfer the tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeño to a blender.
• Add in the remaining ingredients and puree the salsa until its smooth while it’s warm.
• Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
• ...and ENJOY!