Mar 25 2022
SPICY HABANERO SHRIMP WITH RICE
You’re going to love this shrimp recipe! Tender seasoned shrimp are spicy and delicious drenched in our Sweet Garlic & Habanero hot sauce composed of peppers, garlic and cane sugar on a bed of rice.
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 1 large green pepper, chopped
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons Pepper North Sweet Garlic & Habanero hot sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 5-2/3 cups hot cooked rice
• In a large skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
• Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
• Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, parsley, pimientos, Pepper North Sweet Garlic & Habanero hot sauce, onion salt and pepper.
• Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Stir in shrimp; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
• Serve with rice.
• ...and ENJOY!